Tuesday 19 February 2013

Ping Pong Madness


So this weekend I decided to drop in to Pongathon at the Village Underground in Shoreditch to check out why everyone is obsessed with ping pong.

Now originally I thought we would be watching ping pong masters in action, but alas as usual I was wrong. We were in fact the competitors.


You could enter one or as many different competitions as you wanted. You could make a bid for glory on your own, battle with a buddy, fight against the machine, play sofa ping pong or indulge in mini ping pong.


Not confident in our abilities, my sister and I chose mini ping pong. This was quite possibly the worst decision we've ever made together. One of us has no spacial awareness, whilst the other has an aversion to games with balls.

After some dutch courage, a free cranberry and vodka, my sister and I took up our mini paddles to face our competition. Could we be in with a chance of winning?


Well to cut a long story short we lost every game. I had a John McEnroe style meltdown and we most definitely won't be on the plane to Rio.


No comments:

Post a Comment