Thursday 20 February 2014

That Takes The Biscuit

So this weekend I headed out on a week night to one of my favourite café's in town to test my food art skills and immortalise 80's sensation Lionel Richie on a Rich Tea biscuit.

Drink, Shop, Do is one of my favourite hang outs in Kings Cross. Not only can you relax in vintage surroundings with a delicious cocktail, I recommend a Purrrr, but you can also take part in a host of crazy events which they host on a daily basis. From vintage hair and make-up sessions to Lego robot building sessions there's a wide variety of creative to eccentric activities - there's even a Beyoncé dance workshop. The best thing of all is that most events are either free or there's a small charge so there's no need to break the bank for a night of fun with friends.

So Tuesday evening found me sitting in a kooky 1960's chair, cocktail in hand, and a plain biscuit staring up at me ready to be transformed into Lionel Richie. Now when I told people about this event I received quite a few strange looks, but mostly laughs. Everyone thought I'd made it up, but no. This is one of the reasons why I love this place as they come up with the craziest ideas!

I've worked with quite a few food artists in my time and I can honestly say that none of their skills have rubbed off on me. As you can see by the below evidence I won't be short listed for the Turner prize anytime soon. Although my friends Lionel RichTea strongly resembled Jesus rather than the pop icon, so maybe mine isn't that bad.

Unfortunately Lionel RichTea didn't last the night and met an unfortunate demise. He wasn't dunked he was chomped.

For more information about the different events taking place at Drink, Shop, Do events visit www.drinkshopdo.com

I've got my eye on the MC Hammer dance class. Just need to purchase some baggy trousers.

Before

After


No comments:

Post a Comment