Thursday 23 October 2014

Weekend Dose of Culture


So this weekend I suggest escaping to a galaxy far far away, well actually just to Southbank to check out the BFI's new Sci-Fi season.

The fun, frolics and celebrity glitz of the London Film Festival might be over, but as Chief Executive of the BFI Amanda Nevill said at the closing LFF gala, there's still plenty to come from the BFI. 

The latest seasonal film offering from the institute encompasses over a thousand films from the world of science fiction. You can experience blockbuster classics, take a trip down memory lane with childhood favourites, loose yourself in an obscure Sci-Fi adventure or simply indulge your curiosity of the genre.

I've got my eye on 2001: A Space Odyssey and the Handmaids Tale, but I'm sure I'll easily find an excuse to see more.

Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder
Extras: Beam me up Scotty! You are spoilt for choice, but you don't have to be in London to watch some classic Sci-Fi. There are several screenings taking place across the UK just visit the BFI website for more details.
Cost: Tickets for non-members are around £11.50
Opening Times: Now till December

No comments:

Post a Comment