Sunday 23 September 2012

Living in a Lederhosen Paradise

So this weekend I donned some particularly fetching lederhosen and embraced a cultural favourite... Oktoberfest, but in September.

I, along with a motley crew headed not to Germany, but instead to Kennington where our bavarian buddies had pitched a tent in the park to share their love of beer with us.

Now I never turn down an opportunity to get in fancy dress and I don't do things by halves. A mash up of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and a milk maid went down well with the masses although once or twice I was mistaken for a barmaid!

It was quite possibly the most surreal experience of my life. People dancing on tables dressed to the nines in traditional gear, a german version of the Killers hit Mr Brightside  played by the band and endless rows of beer. Now all I need to do is book a flight to Germany to experience the real version.

Lovely Lederhosen

No comments:

Post a Comment