Sunday 10 November 2013

A Feast for the Eyes


So this weekend I ventured out for some mid week culture and joined my work colleagues for an Italian Feast at Forza Win.

What is Forza Win? At first I thought it was an Xbox game, but no it's a culinary experience which invites people together to dine on amazing cooking. This time of year it's the turn of winter produce and this particular feast coincided with Movember, so there was the opportunity to raise money by buying cookbook 'Cook Like a Man' - a good stocking filler for the men in the household.

Based in an Old Pickle Factory in Hackney we waited outside patiently whilst they unlocked Fort Knox to let us inside every foodies dream. Once we were out of the cold we were welcomed with a glass of hot spiced wine - I suddenly felt very festive and had to hold myself back from singing Christmas carols.

Surrounded by tables of all shapes and sizes, diners are encouraged to mingle and meet new people. We were welcomed by the Forza Win team before great tureen's of minestrone soup with ham hock were served to the table. I like soup, but I've never championed minestrone soup as I find it too watery however; I can now say that Forza Win has converted me.

Starter over with, we moved on to the main course a delicious roast pork joint with the worlds best crackling! I kid you not. It really was the best crackling I've ever had.

Dessert? Why a delicious panna cotta with poached cranberries of course. A wonderful way to end a truly scrumptious feast.

The evening was wrapped up by a speech from one of the founders of Movember and a live performance by Josh Flowers and the Wild (an amazing group who I'm determined to see live again). 

It's not just the food that makes it a great experience, but the ambiance and the fellow dinners. It's an opportunity to escape hectic work lives and just relax and enjoy the company of friends whilst indulging in good food with the assistance of wine.

It's only on for a few more weeks and tickets are selling fast. For more information or to book tickets visit www.forzawin.com






No comments:

Post a Comment